Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bonobo Advocate, Kizito

Kizito is seen here in my office, with the clinic cat, working on a cartoon for the children's magazine Bleu/Blanc. In 1994, we started this magazine, and in spite of many hiccups over the years, it is still in operation. Kizito has always had a love for wild animals, which he has expressed in his art, his music, and in a film on bonobos that was produced for local television.

Kizito and I continue to collaborate long-distance via email. When he heard about the blog, he wrote:

"I am Ngoma Muanda KIZITO. I am a Congolese artist. I like singing and drawing cartoons for kids. Before my first meeting with Delfi, I knew nothing about animals, although I intended to know. The time I spent beside her trained me to work harder, sharpening my artwork and got better results than ever before. Also, Delfi taught me to discover another dimension of life on earth through conservation. With her, I figured out there were so many new skills of life to deal with if you let yourself be initiated. For instance, she taught me to love animals so that, still, I am fighting to protect them either through the Bleu Blanc, or everywhere in running life as in my own family."

Photo by D. Messinger

No comments: